I provide thorough and affordable septic inspections for much of Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan. I also offer professional drawings showing well and septic locations and separations necessary for FHA loans.
Reasons to have a septic inspection:
- Home buyers will want a full evaluation of an existing system before buying a home.
- Sellers will want a septic system inspected prior to selling a home. Many counties require an inspection when homes and commercial properties change hands.
- Homeowners should periodically have a system inspected as part of regular maintenance. Among other things, an inspection can inform a homeowner that it’s time to get a tank pumped.
An inspection can include the following:
- Owner interview and record search of the system
- Locating the septic tank with a flushable “sonde” transmitter and receiver device
- Checking the plumbing and fixtures inside the house
- Looking for clear water discharges into the system (foundation drain, softener, etc.)
- Taking a core sample of scum and sludge levels inside the tank
- Inspection of the tank’s water level, baffles, tees, riser and visual evaluation
- Examination of the distribution box
- Operation test
- Evaluation of the absorption field
- and more!
The final septic system inspection report will give an overall system rating of “Acceptable” or “Unacceptable” (or in some cases, “Pass” or “Fail”).
Note: The functionality and life span of a system has to do with the design, installation, and care and feeding of the system. A rating of “pass” (or acceptable) is not a warranty or guarantee that the system will work in the future (because of usage conditions), but instead is a working evaluation at the time of inspection.
If you are interested in a system inspection, please CONTACT ME to find out more.